Last Week Was a Weird Week.

Well, weird for me, anyway. Ever have one of those weeks where things just kinda happen like crazy and then ideas explode into your brain and you feel like you’re running in 100 different directions all at once? Do you have ADD? That was my week. Believe it or not, I really did try to sit down and write blogs like I usually do. In fact, I have a bunch of things I want talk about! So, I’m going to spread it out.

So, why was last week so crazy? Hm.. where to start. How about we start with Monday when I finally sat down to do my taxes. Yes, Monday. I can’t believe I waited that long either. Usually, I get them done right away, but oh no. Not this year! This year, I spent time compiling all the data I would need to file since I’m a small business owner, but I never went through with the filing until Monday. Let me just say that I will do my best to never have to go through that again.  I know most of you out there don’t have to worry about filing taxes as a small business owner, but lucky me, I do. So, I had to compile all of the data of money I spent vs money I made… yada yada yada.  Lots of adding up and bookkeeping I should have been doing all year, but failed to do so because well, as much as I’m good at doing it for other people, for myself, I just got lazy.  Then I had the fun time of going through all of H&R Block as I’ve done in the past for several years now.  I forgot that because I’m a small business owner, it will not let me file with the free edition.  So, after going through the whole process, they wanted me to pay them $100.  Nope! Wrong.  Not gonna happen.  So, I started to look for a different way to do this.  Again, this was the day before tax day.  Yes, I felt like an idiot.  After a quick break, I decided to use to file my federal return.  It was free and I felt it was more thorough.  Then, I used the state of Ohio taxation website to file my Ohio taxes.  A little more difficult, but thanks to paying taxes from craft shows, I was able to navigate it just fine.  All in all, not including my bookkeeping process (that I should have done throughout the year.  Thank god I keep good files), it took me seven hours.  Yep! Seven frustrating, headache inducing, literally screaming hours.  I repeat: I am never procrastinating like that again.  After all that, I stayed up to see the blood moon that was blocked out by the clouds – aka, I didn’t get to see it.

Tuesday was much better.  I spent most of the day cleaning, running a few errands, and getting some stuff done.  My best friend who is like a brother to me and also my former roommate was coming into town for the night for an appointment he had the next morning.  I thought he was just going to come into town, crash on the couch, and leave in the morning.  I was happily surprised by a kind of adventure only he could provide.

He showed up earlier than planned, but with his dog. A very large dog.  He thought it would be a great idea (and I agreed) to go get wings at our favorite place near where his mom lived.  I was totally game for this.  So, I hopped in his truck and off we went to get wings!  When we got there, we were sad to discover the kitchen was closed for the night.  This made us both very sad and also very hungry.  So, with heavy hearts and empty stomachs, we ventured off to his mom’s to drop off his dog for the night.  She wasn’t home.  In fact, she didn’t even know he was going to be in town let alone bringing his dog there.  After setting up his dog in the garage and leaving her a note, we left and joked about the 120 pound surprise she was going to find when she got home.  We finally ended up at Denny’s for dinner.  Not the greatest choice, but it was around midnight (if not a little after) by the time we got there.  Then it was home, hang out for a few, and sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to find him gone but thought not much of it since he was off to his appointment.  I was just really getting moving for the day when he surprised me again by calling me to tell me his appointment only lasted about 20 minutes and that he was on his way back to me with brunch.  I was shocked.  So, he surprised me with brunch, then we headed out toward where our parents live.  We used to live only a mile apart.  Go figure.  :p  He got to spend time with me and each of my parents, then headed off to visit his mom, pick up his dog, and head back to where he lives which is about three hours away from me.  It was so good to see him and hang out with him even if he was only in town for less than 24 hours.

While at my parent’s house, my mom and I began the headache inducing process of trying to upgrade her nine year old Dell computer with Windows XP to Windows 7.  All was going well and all that was left to do was to put in the product key when I left.  Well, the prompt for the product key never came up.  This became a week long discussion with a friend on what to do.  On Sunday, I went back to fix it and my fix didn’t work.  He’s going to have to deal with it and it makes me sad that I couldn’t get it done.  On the bright side, he managed to fix my old laptop!  It’s only a temporary fix, but at least my mom has something to use in the meantime.

Thursday was spent getting some stuff done and enjoying time with my boyfriend.  The week had been so crazy, I couldn’t believe how little time I got to spend with him.  Eeesh.  Friday was spent working on some stuff and doing more cleaning.  If you haven’t noticed a theme yet, I’m trying to do some serious spring cleaning here.  It’s coming along, but still not done.  Double eesh.

Saturday was a super busy day.  On Saturday, my friend Matt moved into my building.  It’s pretty cool that he’s just downstairs now!  I couldn’t help to much with the actual physical moving part, but I was able to help a little.  Then I started cleaning and putting away his kitchen.  It was actually a lot of fun!  Hanging out with friends and working together to help another friend get all setup in a new place.  Then, he broke in his new home with a fun hand of Cards Against Humanity.  After all that, I went upstairs and a couple of friends followed me and stayed a little longer.  All in all, a good night – except I only had about 2 hours of sleep for Easter Sunday.

Easter Sunday, as I mentioned before, I tried to fix Mom’s computer and failed, but at least I was able to set her up with the old laptop and show my dad some new tricks on his tablet.  I never thought in a million years that I would sit in the living room with my family and we’d all be on some kind of computer device.  I literally looked outside to see if pigs were flying.  After a delicious meal that couldn’t be beat, I headed home to send some emails and then crashed for some sleep.

So that is my random summary of my random week of weird.  I’d like to point out that I know I’ve left a few parts out, but for me, it just FELT like a weird week.  Probably because it was so full of stuff going on.  So, how was your weekend?  Have you ever had a week that felt weird?



2 thoughts on “Last Week Was a Weird Week.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s