Imagine my surprise when Lynsey from Wanderlyn nominated me for a Liebster Award! Lynsey was the awesome lady who arranged and organized the Secret Valentine last month. So go check out her blog, too! She always has something cool going on! 🙂
The Rules of The Liebster Award
- Tell 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 blogs you like and link them in your post.
- Write 11 questions for these bloggers, so they can answer them.
- Go to their page and let them know that you nominated them. No tag backs!
11 Things About Me
1. I never thought I’d be an artist. Seriously. Never. My friend, Aslynn, used to always tell me I could be or I was, but I never believed her until I started doing chainmaille and rethinking art. I always considered an artist to be someone who can draw or paint and I’m not that great at either of those. I like being considered an artist now, though! It just seems natural to me.
2. I am a book worm! I love to read and can often be found with my nose in a book or my nook. I’m really into YA and adventure/mystery type novels and I’m really getting into Pigments Of My Imagination. I am waiting on pins and needles for City of Heavenly Fire to be released. Like, you have no idea how much excited I am for that.
3. I work from home as a virtual assistant and as an artist. Yep! My home is my office and I can work in my pj’s if I like. I really enjoy working from home and my job. Basically, I’m doing my best to follow my dream. 🙂
4. My cats are my children, co-workers, and quality control managers. They have been with me through the good times, the bad times, and all the in between times and I love them dearly. Their personalities are very different, but they are just so wonderful to have around.
5. I’ve developed a strange obsession with plants. I don’t understand exactly how it happened, but it just… did! A few years ago, around Christmas time, I bought a little Christmas cactus at the grocery store. My mom and grandmother’s always had one, it was cute, and I thought, “why not?” Now, I have two plant stands with several plants ranging in a small tree to flowers, to Christmas cacti, to herbs! I’m designing my second balcony garden oasis for this coming summer! It’s funny how it just kinda took off.
6. I am not a morning person. I can be if I need to, but I’m not huge on the whole, early morning hours thing. I’ve always been a night owl. If a client wants me to work mornings, I gladly will. When I worked in an actual office, I preferred morning hours so I could be productive at home at night. Figure that one out! I might go back to working mornings again some day. Who knows?
7. I can sing. Yep! It’s funny how few people actually know that about me, but I can. I sang in choir when I was in school, but I also took 3 years of vocal lessons and was told I was one of my teacher’s best students. I sometimes wonder what would have happened if I didn’t have such stage fright. I’d have loved to be able to sing on stage in a musical if I could.
8. Speaking of musicals, I tend to listen to musicals when I clean. Well, the modern upbeat ones at least. My personal favorite to listen to is Mama Mia which, funny enough, I just discovered last year. If I’m not listening to musicals, I’m listening to music while I clean and it’s usually something I can sing to.
9. I watch a lot of anime. Yep. Anime. I’m always looking for a new one to strike my fancy and I hope one day to actually go to an Anime convention (yes, I’m that big of a geek).
10. I am not a huge fan of chocolate. Sure, I’ll eat chocolate on occasion. I get a craving. However, it doesn’t take much to make the craving stop. For example: a Hersey bar will take care of it in less than half a bar. Yes, I know I am strange. I also have lots of candy stashed around my home that I rarely munch on. My friends like it though, so it all works out. 🙂
11. I have moved 12 times in a span of 8 years. Not kidding. It’s a long and not so glorious story, but I am sooo over moving. The next move I plan to make is into a house where I plan to stay for a long, long time. When will this happen? Don’t know yet. Working on it.
1. If you had a superpower, what would it be?
I think I’d want to fly. I’ve always dreamed of flying. No, this does not mean I want to try base jumping or sky diving. Just sayin’.
2. What do you want to be when you grow up? (I know we’re all just really big kids.)
A singer in a musical! Or something similar.
3. What fictional character would you choose as a best friend?
Fictional character? Hm… Tessa Grey from The Infernal Devices. I absolutely adore her strength, positivity, and her capasity to love and protect those she loves. She’s highly intelligent, always asks questions, and thinks outside the box.
4. Who is your greatest inspiration?
This one is a tricky one. There are a lot of people who inspire me and several that I admire. I don’t think I can name just one person as my greatest inspiration.
5. What movie would you want to live in for a day?
I would have to say either City of Bones or Harry Potter. I have a thing for magic.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
After living away for four and a half years, I’m glad to be where I am now, only 45 minutes from my home town. I never really want to live there again, but I’m happy where I’m at. If I had to move out of the country, though, I’d choose…. Finland? Perhaps? I love the idea of living in Finland.
7. How are your New Year’s resolutions going?
Not bad. I’m working hard on them. It’s a challenge, but it’s slowly coming along. I think that’s why we make resolutions at the beginning of the year: to give you time to work on it for the whole year.
8. Which holiday is your favorite?
Ahh!! This is such a hard one!! My top two are Halloween and Christmas and each for their own reasons. Can I pick two?
9. What’s your biggest fear?
Losing the ones I love. Losing your loved ones is a very difficult thing and unfortunately, I’ve lost quite a few in a short few years of time. If it’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s to cherish the people you love and live life to the fullest. Still, that is my biggest fear even though I know we all must go some day.
10. What animal would be your spirit animal?
A cat. Definitely a cat. :3
11. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because having an art blog sounded like a fun idea. At the time, I was just into photography, but I wanted a place I could post them to. Before then, I had a live journal that I would write in because I just love to write. So, I decided to combine the two into one place and it just kinda evolved from there.
<drum roll please>
And my Nominees are…
Your questions are…
1. Do you have pets?
2. Who is your hero?
3. If you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would you go?
4. What would be a perfect birthday?
5. If you could follow your dreams, what would you do?
6. How long have you been blogging?
7. Where is your happy place?
8. What is your favorite movie and why?
9. What are your hobbies?
10. If you had the chance to learn to do one thing, what would it be?
11. If you were stranded on a deserted island, who would you want with you?
And with that, let the fun begin! I hope all the people I tagged end up playing along and have some fun with it! Thanks again to Lynsey for the nomination and the fun!